(+385) 112 – emergency number – call for help
“112” is the European emergency number people in distress can call 24h/24 and 7d/7 in all 28 member states of the European Union to get immediate assistance from the fire brigade, a medical team or the police. You can call the number 112 with a fixed or mobile phone. The European emergency number is free everywhere.
To enter Croatia you will need a valid passport or, for some countries (EU), a personal identity card will be enough.
When you call 112 number the operator will ask you:
- What happened?
- Where did it happen?
- If there are injured and how many?
- What are the injuries?
- What are the circumstances at the accident site: fire, leakage of hazardous substances, damaged pipeline or electrical installations, etc.?
- What kind of help do you urgently need?
- Who’s calling?
- City of Duga Resa http://dugaresa.hr/
- Red Cross Duga Resa http://www.ckdr.hr/
- Underwater activities club „Vodomar“ Duga Resa http://kpa-vodomar.hr/
- Croatian mountaineering association „Vinica“ Duga Resa http://www.hpd-vinica.hr/
- Croatian firefighting association http://www.hvz.hr/
- Firefighting association of Karlovac county http://www.vzkz.hr/
- Public Fire Department of the City of Karlovac http://www.jvp-karlovac.hr/
- Croatian portal for firefighting and other emergency services http://vatrogastvo.hr/
- Firefighting portal of Croatia http://www.vatrogasni-portal.com/news.php
- European Forest Fire Information System http://effis.jrc.ec.europa.eu/
FRATERNAL FIRE DEPARTMENTS
- Volunteer Fire Department Črnomelj – Slovenija https://www.pgd-crnomelj.si/
- Volunteer Fire Department Otočac http://www.dvd-otocac.bloger.index.hr/
- Volunteer Fire Department Popovača http://www.dvd-popovaca.hr/
- Volunteer Fire Department Slunj https://www.slunj.hr/
PROTECTION, RESCUE AND NOTIFICATION
- Ministry of the Interior of Republic of Croatia (MUP) https://www.mup.hr/
- Ministry of Defense of Republic of Croatia (MORH) https://www.morh.hr/hr/
- National Protection and Rescue Directorate (DUZS) http://duzs.hr/
- National Hydrometeorological Department (DHMZ) http://meteo.hr/
- Mountaineering rescue service of the Croatian mountaineering union ( HGSS ) http://www.gss.hr/
- Mountaineering rescue service of the Croatian mountaineering union ( HGSS ) – Karlovac station http://www.hgss-karlovac.hr/
Here is a list of the most important telephone numbers in Croatia:
- (+385) 192 – police
- (+385) 193 – fire brigade
- (+385) 194 – ambulance
- (+385) 195 – search and rescue at the sea
- (+385) 1987 – road assistance
- (+385) 1 4640 800- HAK (Croatian automobile club)
- (+385) 11888 – telephone directory
- (+385) 18166 – weather forecast
- (+385) 18981 – general information
- (+385) 11802 – international telephone directory
As you can see, the country code of Croatia is 00385, which you should type if calling from a foreign mobile phone. On this page you can find country codes for any country in the world: http://countrycode.org/.
These are public holidays in Croatia:
- 1 January- New Year’s Day
- 6 January – Epiphany
- 1 May- Labour day
- 22 June- Anti-Fascist Resistance Day
- 25 June- Statehood Day
- 5 August- Victory Day and National Thanksgiving Day
- 15 August- Assumption Day
- 8 October- Independence Day
- 1 November- All Saints’ Day
- 25-26 December- Christmas holidays
- Easter Sunday and Easter Monday
- Corpus Christi
Public services are closed on these dates. Other days they usually work from 8 a.m. untill 4 p.m. Most of the shops are also closed on these dates, but usually they work from 8 a.m. until 8 p.m. or even later during the season.